What You Must Know when Hiring a Attorney in Friendswood ?
Divorce is not always easy because there are so many legalities involved in the process. Child custody, property settlements and parental responsibilities are some of the legal issues that come into the picture when getting a divorce. It can be mentally and emotionally taxing and the last thing you want to do is struggle with the process. A divorce lawyer comes in handy during this trying phase of your life. The divorce attorney represents and guides you through the process, making it easier for you to handle. But to enjoy a smooth process, you must find yourself a reliable attorney.
1. Talk to friends and relatives
2. Know what your needs are
3. Do your research
4. Create a budget
The Best Chinese Speaking Intellectual Property Lawyer in Texas
Vibration White Finger
Medical malpractice is actually a much bigger problem than many people realize and even bigger than medical professionals want to admit. The latest statistics on the Internet show that roughly 225,000 people die each year as a direct result of medical malpractice. The main question really ought to be, what is anyone doing about it?
The scary thing about the statistics is that despite the rising numbers of deaths there are very few lawsuits filed. It appears that only 2% of the potential 225,000 claims for med mal actually make it as far as filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. Unfortunately, the numbers of plaintiffs who are awarded compensation is even smaller. This should not stop anyone who feels they have been a victim of med mal from stepping forward and speaking to a qualified med mal attorney.
If you have a valid case, your attorney will take you through the steps for filing a med mal lawsuit against the proper parties - meaning a physician and/or their staff, hospital, facility or lab. Before a lawsuit is filed there is an attempt to come to some sort of an agreement with the defendant first. When all else fails, you will be bound for court.
Intellectual Property - Patent Law, Copyrights, and Trademarks
Winning your Rhode Island Child Custody case by not making dumb mistakes
In my 13 years as a Rhode Island Child Custody Lawyer, I have seen many fathers and mothers make inane and stupid decisions during the course of Rhode Island Child Custody Proceedings. Sometimes winning your RI Child Custody is about the mistakes that you avoid rather than what you do right.
The stupid and boorish behavior set forth below may impede or ruin your chances of getting Custody in Rhode Island Family Court. All of the actions set forth below are actual behavior that I have seen in Rhode Island Family Court
Read this RI Family Law article carefully!
I am almost afraid to tell people not to engage in the behavior and antics set forth below for fear of being accused of being condescending or patronizing to my clients. It is really just common senses. Ironically, many of the mistakes that mothers and fathers make are mistakes made in an attempt to get an unfair advantage.
1. Do Not post Inappropriate content on Facebook, MySpace, social networks or online which show that you are an unfit parent, use drugs or alcohol or otherwise not acting in the best interest of your child. Remember, the other parent is often trolling around your Facebook page looking for any angle to help him or her prevail in the custody feud. A seemingly innocuous "Facebook friend" may actually be feeding information to the other parent.
2. Do Not Post online Negative or disparaging remarks or comments about the other parent, the judge, the psychiatrist, the psychologist, the custody evaluator, anyone involved in the custody proceeding, the other Rhode Island Lawyer or the other parties family.
3. Do not Blog about your case. You should fight your case in Court not on your blog. These blogs infuriate judges especially when there is a chance that the children may view the blog.
4. Do not buy an expensive item, cars or take a trip when you are claiming you can't afford child support or you face a child support contempt motion. The other Rhode Island Lawyer will use this to prove that your contempt is willful and ask that you be incarcerated.
22. Do not have overnight visitors of the opposite sex while the children are home. The Custody case is complicated enough and there is no need to get other people involved in the case.
23. Do not buy the child a huge gift the day before or the day of his interview with the judge. This looks like bribery to a judge. However, gamesmanship is a good idea. There is nothing wrong with a day at the amusement park the day before the meeting with the judge. Gamesmanship is ok. Bribery is not ok.
24. Do not leave the state without informing other parent of where you are going and when you will be returning. You must also provide contact Information.
25. Do not have necessary heated confrontations with the other parent. Walk away from these bad situations and tell your lawyer. These confronations often lead to a Rhode Island Restraining Orders or complaints protection from abuse.
Even if the confrontation is not physical and relatively harmless, the other parent may blow it out of proportion and use it to get an unfair advantage by pursuing a restraining order or instituting Criminal charges
Allegations of domestic violence could destroy your chances of getting physical placement or joint custody of your Child. Sometimes these confrontations lead to RI Criminal charges. You do not want to be hiring a Providence Criminal Lawyer.
Important Rhode Island Family Law tip: Many people use the term "full custody".This is not a legal term. Legal custody pertains to decision making and access to records and is either Joint Custody to both parents or Sole Custody to one parent. Physical Custody is where the child resides on a day to day basis and the other parent has visitation rights. There is also shared physical placement.