Truck, Car, or Motorcycle Accident: Do you know who to Call in Houston ?
With more vehicles in on the roads than ever before, it is no surprise that truck accidents are on the rise. The latest figures from the U.S. Department of Transportation tell us that there are around 500,000 incidents each year in America. Because cargo vehicles are much larger and heavier than regular passenger vehicles, the risk of a serious collision is much higher when these potentially lethal giants are involved.
Trucks are hugely important to the Houston economy. According to the American Trucking Associations (ATA), trucks transport nearly 70 percent of the nation’s freight tonnage. To move that amount of cargo, millions of trucks travel billions of miles on American roads every year. Accidents are an inevitable consequence of all that activity.
With more than two million licensed truckers in America, accidents are bound to happen. Since the vehicles these truckers operate are much bigger and heavier than passenger vehicles, the chances of a minor fender bender are nearly nonexistent. As a result, occupants are almost always injured when an 18-wheeler is involved, greatly increasing the likelihood of a lawsuit.
As complicated as car-crash cases can be, they don’t hold a candle to cases involving tractor-trailers. Because of the numerous rules and regulations as well as specific state laws that govern trucking, drivers should always contact an 18-wheeler accident attorney if they were involved in a crash. Even if you weren’t the one responsible for an incident, you should still seek legal advice. Why?
Does Size Matter?
When a regular passenger vehicle is involved in a crash, size and weight are rarely important. However, because of their enormous proportions, all tractor-trailers must comply with strict safety regulations and industry standards. There are also specific state laws that all operators must observe. In other words, you may be held responsible for a crash even if it wasn’t, strictly speaking, your fault.
Building A Defense
The average car collision case, which is relatively simple and straightforward, involves witness testimony and police reports. By comparison, a collision involving a tractor-trailer often requires accident reconstruction. To do so, a reputable 18-wheeler accident attorney must hire and work with specialists who can recreate the crash based on the evidence. Since most personal injury lawyers have little or no experience with this process, it is important to find an attorney that specializes in 18-wheeler cases.
As good as they are at collecting evidence at a crash scene, the police may miss information that is relevant to a court case. An experienced 18-wheeler accident attorney not only relies on information collected by the authorities, he also orders his own investigation. The results of these investigations are almost always more accurate and effective when they are launched soon after the crash occurs. As time passes, it may be impossible for their team to collect evidence that could strengthen your defense.
To ensure effective representation, it is imperative that you contact an Houston experienced attorney as soon as possible after the crash.
What Causes Chronic Bronchitis?
Peritoneal mesothelioma is a disease that affects the lining of the abdomen, or peritoneum. Like the other types of mesothelioma, it is caused by exposure to asbestos, which has been widely used in many industrial products, such as cement, brake linings, roof shingles, flooring products, textiles, and insulation. The peritoneal form of mesothelioma is a relatively uncommon type of cancer that accounts for less than a quarter of all mesothelioma cases. Like other forms of the disease, it is inconspicuous until decades after asbestos exposure.
Typical symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma include abdominal pains, weakness, weight loss, loss of appetite, nausea, and abdominal swelling. Because these symptoms are so common, and may be attributed to numerous ailments other than mesothelioma, diagnosis is often delayed until it is too late for treatment to do much more than help the patient feel more comfortable.
A Non-Contested Divorce: Do It Yourself?
Mediation is a dispute resolution process in which an impartial third party - the mediator - facilitates negotiations among the parties to help them reach a mutually acceptable settlement. The mediator does not make a decision about the outcome of the case. The parties work toward a solution with which they are comfortable.
Couples who seek divorce mediation in New Jersey need to be aware of the NJ mediation program, which was developed by the Supreme Court. Mediators participating in the program have been approved for inclusion on a roster by a subcommittee of the Committee on Complementary Dispute Resolution, after meeting training requirements set forth by the Court.
In order to file for a divorce in New Jersey, either spouse must have been a resident of the State for at least one year prior to the filing of the action. The only exception to the one-year residency requirement is when the grounds for divorce are for adultery. In cases of adultery the requirement is that at least one spouse must be a New Jersey resident. In New Jersey there are eight grounds or causes to file for divorce. The three most popular grounds are extreme cruelty, no-fault separation, and adultery. Remember, the grounds of extreme cruelty are just a "term of art" and it does not mean that your spouse was extremely cruel.
No-Fault Divorce Cause of Action
Separation is New Jersey's only no-fault ground for divorce. To qualify under this grounds, both the husband and wife must have lived separately, in different houses (not only different rooms) for a period of at least eighteen consecutive months. Moreover, in order to qualify for the no fault divorce, there must not be a reasonable expectation of reconciliation.
FAULT DIVORCE CAUSES OF ACTION
Extreme cruelty includes any physical or mental cruelty which makes it improper or unreasonable to expect that individual to cohabitate with their spouse. N.J.S.A. 2A:34-2(c). The courts are very liberal as to what type of conduct constitutes extreme cruelty.
The courts have held that "adultery exists when one spouse rejects the other by entering into a personal intimate relationship with any other person, irrespective of the specific sexual acts performed; the rejection of the spouse coupled with out-of-marriage intimacy constitutes adultery." New Jersey Court Rule 5:4-2 requires that the plaintiff in an adultery divorce case, state the name of the person with whom the offending conduct was committed. This person is known as the correspondent. If the name is not known, the person who files must give as much information as possible tending to describe the adulterer.
The willful and continuous desertion by one party for a period of twelve or more months, and satisfactory proof that the parties have ceased to cohabit as man and wife constitutes desertion under N.J.S.A. 2A:34-2(b). It is important to note that the parties may live in the same house. The crucial element here is "as man and wife." Thus, desertion may be claimed after twelve or more months of a lack of sexual relations.
The discovery part of a divorce case is in many cases the most important part of the divorce. The purpose of discovery is to enable the parties to ascertain what assets each party has, and what constitutes the marital estate.
New Jersey Court Rule 5:5-1 allows for discovery including interrogatories, depositions, production of documents, requests for admissions, and copies of documents. The time lines for conducting discovery are held at the Case Management Conference. Discovery can make a divorce very expensive. It is time consuming, and it can really create a lot of billable hours. If at all possible, the parties should try to reach a reasonable agreement, to avoid all of the expense of conducting discovery. However, this is easier said than done.
Request to Enter a Divorce by Default
If the defendant fails to file an answer or an appearance in a divorce case, then the divorce is defaulted. This means that the person has "blown" his chance to respond or contest the divorce. A request for a default against such a party is governed by R. 4:43. This rule requires the party requesting entry by default to make a formal written request for the entry of the default, supported by the attorney's affidavit. The affidavit shall explain the manner of service of the complaint upon the defendant, the date of service, and that all time periods in which the defendant may file a pleading have expired. The request to enter a default must be filed together within six months of the actual default. The notice to request a default must also be served on the defaulting spouse.
Please keep in mind, that if there is a default, this does not mean that the case is over. If a spouse is seeking equitable distribution, alimony, child support or any other relief, then a process known as "filing a request for equitable distribution" must be filed.
When equitable distribution, alimony, child support or any other relief is sought by the plaintiff, a notice of application for equitable distribution pursuant to R. 5:5-2 is required to be filed before the entry of default. This notice must be filed and served upon defendant twenty days prior to the hearing date and must include the following:
Notice of the trial date,
Statement of the value of each asset,The amount of each debt sought to be distributed,
A proposal for distribution,
A statement whether plaintiff is seeking alimony and/or child support and, if so, the amount, and
A statement of any other relief sought.
As a result, the moving party must still attend court in order to obtain a divorce by entry of a default. The spouse must also bring a certificate of nonmilitary service verifying that her soon to be ex-spouse is not in the military. The courts do not want spouses to be divorcing their ex spouse while they are in the military overseas, and possibly in combat somewhere.
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Houston Texas
- Occupational Deafness Pasadena Texas
- Occupational Deafness The Woodlands Texas
- Injury Lawyers For You Baytown Texas
- Work Injury Lawyer Conroe Texas
- Auto Accident Deer Park Texas
- Tripping Accidents Friendswood Texas
- Auto Accident Galveston Texas
- Injury Lawyers For You Lake Jackson Texas
- Spinal Cord Injury La Porte Texas
- Accident Claims League City Texas
- Spinal Cord Injury Missouri City Texas
- Injury Lawyers For You Pearland Texas
- Vibration White Finger Rosenberg Texas
- Personal Injury Protection Sugar Land Texas
- Auto Accident Texas City Texas
- Slip And Fall Lawyers Atascocita Texas
- Personal Injury Law Kingwood Texas
- Slip And Fall Channelview Texas
- Silicosis Mission Bend Texas
- Slip And Fall Lawyers Spring Texas
- Auto Accident Alvin Texas
- Personal Injury Solicitors Bellaire Texas
- Personal Injury Law Clute Texas
- Brain Injury Dickinson Texas
- Personal Injury Claims Freeport Texas
- Accident Compensation Galena Park Texas
- Chronic Bronchitis Humble Texas
- Contact Dermatitis Jacinto City Texas
- Slip And Fall Lawyers Katy Texas
- Work Accidents La Marque Texas
- Injury At Work Richmond Texas
- Occupational Stress Santa Fe Texas
- Workplace Injury Seabrook Texas
- No Win No Fee Solicitors South Houston Texas
- Road Traffic Accident Stafford Texas
- Work Accidents Tomball Texas
- Medical Negligence Webster Texas
- Occupational Stress West University Place Texas
- Accident Claims Aldine Texas
- Personal Injury Law Cinco Ranch Texas
- Work Accident Cloverleaf Texas
- Auto Accident Four Corners Texas
- Medical Negligence Fresno Texas
- Personal Injury Law Greatwood Texas
- Criminal Injuries Compensation New Territory Texas
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Pecan Grove Texas
- Car Accident Injuries Sienna Plantation Texas
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Ames Texas
- Injury Claims Anahuac Texas
- Accident Claims Arcola Texas
- Occupational Stress Bayou Vista Texas
- Personal Injury Claims Beach City Texas
- Work Accident Beasley Texas
- Car Accident Bellville Texas
- Slip And Fall Brazoria Texas
- Compensation Claims Brazos Country Texas
- Slip And Fall Brookshire Texas
- Occupational Stress Brookside Village Texas
- Silicosis Bunker Hill Village Texas
- Road Traffic Accident Clear Lake Shores Texas
- Car Accident Claims Cleveland Texas
- Workplace Injury Cove Texas
- Whiplash Claims Cut And Shoot Texas
- Pedestrian Accident Daisetta Texas
- Car Accident Danbury Texas
- Vibration White Finger Dayton Texas
- Brain Injury Dayton Lakes Texas
- Road Accidents Devers Texas
- Car Accident El Lago Texas
- Injury At Work Fulshear Texas
- Slip And Fall Hardin Texas
- Workplace Injury Hempstead Texas
- Construction Accidents Hedwig Village Texas
- Contact Dermatitis Hilshire Village Texas
- Work Accident Hitchcock Texas
- Repetitive Strain Hunters Creek Village Texas
- Accident Compensation Industry Texas
- Construction Accidents Jamaica Beach Texas
- Car Accident Claims Jersey Village Texas
- Auto Accident Kemah Texas
- Work Accidents Kendleton Texas
- Work Accident Liberty Texas
- Work Injury Lawyer Liverpool Texas
- Vibration White Finger Magnolia Texas
- Silicosis Manvel Texas
- Car Accident Claims Meadows Place Texas
- Personal Injury Law Mont Belvieu Texas
- Contact Dermatitis Montgomery Texas
- Road Traffic Accident Morgan’S Point Texas
- Compensation Claims Nassau Bay Texas
- Negligence Needville Texas
- Contact Dermatitis North Cleveland Texas
- Road Accidents Oak Ridge North Texas
- Spinal Cord Injury Old River-Winfree Texas
- Personal Injury Law Firm Orchard Texas
- Contact Dermatitis Oyster Creek Texas
- Medical Negligence Panorama Village Texas
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Pattison Texas
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Patton Village Texas
- Personal Injury Protection Piney Point Village Texas
- Whiplash Claims Plum Grove Texas
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma Prairie View Texas
- Personal Injury Claims Richwood Texas
- Injury At Work Sealy Texas
- Accident Compensation Shenandoah Texas
- Whiplash Claims Shoreacres Texas
- Accident Claims Simonton Texas
- Contact Dermatitis Southside Place Texas
- Occupational Stress Splendora Texas
- No Win No Fee Solicitors Spring Valley Village Texas
- Occupational Deafness Surfside Beach Texas
- Wrongful Death Sweeny Texas
- Compensation Claims Taylor Lake Village Texas
- Car Accident Claims Waller Texas
- Workplace Injury Wallis Texas
- Wrongful Death West Columbia Texas
- Injury Lawyers For You Willis Texas
- Auto Accident Woodbranch Texas
- Injury At Work River Oaks Texas
- Silicosis Piney Point Texas
- Whiplash Claims Hunters Creek Texas
- Personal Injury Claims Crestwood Texas
- Occupational Stress Memorial Close In Texas
- Injury At Work Avalon Place Texas
- Occupational Stress Hedwig Village Texas
- Occupational Stress Bunker Hill Texas
- Injury At Work Tanglewood Texas
- Slip And Fall Glen Cove Texas
- Silicosis Sunset Terrace Texas
- Personal Injury Solicitors Rice Court Texas
- Construction Accidents Southampton Place Texas
- Occupational Deafness Southside Place Texas
- Tripping Accidents West University Texas
- Accident Claims Boulevard Oaks Texas
- Brain Injury Spring Valley Texas
- Personal Injury Solicitors Memorial Forest Texas
- Negligence Frostwood Texas
- Brain Injury Royden Texas
- Workplace Injury Afton Oaks Texas