What You Must Know when Hiring a Attorney in Bridge City-Orangefield ?
Divorce is not always easy because there are so many legalities involved in the process. Child custody, property settlements and parental responsibilities are some of the legal issues that come into the picture when getting a divorce. It can be mentally and emotionally taxing and the last thing you want to do is struggle with the process. A divorce lawyer comes in handy during this trying phase of your life. The divorce attorney represents and guides you through the process, making it easier for you to handle. But to enjoy a smooth process, you must find yourself a reliable attorney.
1. Talk to friends and relatives
2. Know what your needs are
3. Do your research
4. Create a budget
The Best Chinese Speaking Compensation Lawyers in city
Fighting Back Against Unemployment Fraud Charges
- Information Whether or not a police or highway patrol officer is called to the scene, it is important to obtain names of witnesses who observed what occurred and to exchange driver's license and insurance information with all other drivers involved in the accident.
- Notification It is equally important to notify your insurance carrier of the collision and to cooperate fully with your insurance company.
- Statutes of Limitation These laws limiting the time by when one must file a claim or a lawsuit. It is important to know which statutes apply to your particular circumstance. It is wise to contact a San Diego motorcycle accident lawyer very soon after the crash in order to make sure that your rights are not forfeited, and that you can pursue your civil remedies.
- Investigation It is crucially important for investigation of your accident to start before memories fade and before critical evidence at the collision scene has been removed, washed away or otherwise eliminated.
An experienced motorcycle accident attorney will employ an investigator who will travel to the scene of your motorcycle accident to find vital evidence and secure it for your case. While you are receiving medical care and are recovering, you many not feel ready to have your case resolved, yet evidence collection needs to be under way. An attorney and an investigator can obtain factual statements, scene photographs, accurate measurements, and collision photographs, leaving you to focus on your recovery and return to the quality of life you enjoyed before your injuries.
Child custody is a very emotional subject and even more so for single parents who are not married. Custody battles can become very nasty when the father does not accept paternity, when unmarried parents do not live together or when a relationship comes to an end.
Child Custody Laws
We will focus on custody laws relating to mothers and fathers who have never been married to each other, with children born out of wedlock. Divorced couples may also be known as single parents, but the same laws do not always apply. As laws differ from country to country we cover general principles only. In the United States each state has its own. If you live elsewhere in the world, do an internet search for child custody laws applying to single parents.
The Rights of the Child
The basic principle remains the same for all child custody laws. The rights of the child come first. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child specifies that in all legal matters, countries should act in the best interests of the child. Children of single parents have the same rights as children born in wedlock.
Evaluation tools for awarding custody
Courts do not use a fixed list of rules when awarding custody to single parents. A judge may consider the following factors or situations:
- age of the child
- best interests of the child
- child's preference
- relationship between child and each parent
- primary caregiver to date and impact on the child of any change
- ability of the parent to provide a comfortable, stable and caring home
- relationship between parents
- parents' preference
- evidence of alcohol or drug abuse by either parent
Find out the custody laws for your state or country. Even if you are in a good relationship with the father or mother of your child, unmarried single parents living together should formalize all child custody issues.